Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 10

I can't believe that it's already been ten weeks since I started this blog "series". I had seen a few bloggers do it, and I decided to try my hand at it as well. I recently had someone tell me that they wouldn't have anything to write about if they started a blog, and I thought about how I didn't really think I had much to say either. It's funny how you start realizing all of the simple things that happen during the week that might have otherwise gone unnoticed and been forgotten. Blogging is funny that way; it's an extremely personalized way of documenting your life and things you love and before you know it, you find yourself wanted to photograph every little thing you do!

Here's what my week looked like this week!

 

One thing I love about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit and raspberry lemonade (in a Mason jar!). 


Yes. These are my feet. I went over to my parent's house to make dinner for them. My mom and I sat on their deck and chatted while the chicken cooked. 


Got to use my parent's fancy new oven/stove. I was pretty jealous ;-) 


The finished products. I made Garlic Parmesan crusted chicken with honey roasted red potatoes. My mom also threw some of their fresh garden vegetables in! Read more about that here.



Some pictures of my old stomping grounds. My parents own a few acres of land so my childhood was full of backyard exploration adventures, tree climbing, and berry picking. You can see how much we need rain- the grass is brown!


My cat did some pretty cute things this week. Or at least, Luis and I thought they were cute. Here she's chilling underneath our bookcase, half sun-bathing. Not sure what she was going for there. 


I had my favorite blanket (also Kiki's favorite) hung on the back of a chair. She took her chance and wrapped herself in the blanket. What a goof. 


All in all, Kiki likes warmth, and where warmth goes, she goes. Here she's got her paws pushed under my laptop. I love her...


More sunbathing... 


My grandma sent me this photo earlier this week. It's somewhat of a Tjader/Johnson family tradition to photograph the grandkids (of which I am one of) in my grandma's daisy field each summer. Here I am (at 22...) posing in the field. The thing you do for loved ones ;-) On a side note, I'm in my favorite blazer! Haven't been able to wear it much 'cause of the hot weather.


Slowly but surely, I'm trying to replace my current forks and assorted cutlery with vintage counterparts. I've been finding beautiful stuff at the antique shop right down the street. I've got my eye on a vintage glass juicer that I might go purchase...


I made rice crispy treats for Luis and I... We ate the whole thing... Then I made more the next afternoon.


Um, clearly I love sweets. I went and got myself a BIG box of chocolates (two levels!) and had the time of my life. 


My workspace...aka the kitchen table. Luis hates this. Fortunately it doesn't stay that way for long. 


Finally got my July Birchbox! Starting from top going clockwise: Stila eyeshadow palette (love!), eau Flirt perfume sample, Dirt salt scrub, blinc mascara, earbuds, and there was also a snack bar, but I ate it... 


I bought some white canvas boards because I'm going to make myself a makeshift photography studio. The only thing I need is a painter clamp light which will look great when diffused by the white canvas. All of my windows face west, which means I only get about three hours of direct sunlight into my apartment. The lighting isn't the best situation for photography (in my opinion). 


I'm plant sitting for my best friend while she's away in Michigan. Look at her basil plant! Massive! I introduced them to my other plants. They seem to be getting alone fine. ;-)


I took a leaf cutting from Kelsey's large basil plant, treated it with root growth plant hormones, and planted it. I'm really hoping that I can get a plant from this. I used Schultz's Take Root. You can find it at pretty much any major store. 


Bought some mint on clearance today! Pretty excited to have that around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog