Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken

I am seriously picky when it comes to eating meat. I literally expect perfection; if there is any grissle or fat on the piece I'm eating, I loose my appetite. Ironically, I married someone who always wants meat somehow included with dinner, so I've had to learn to make the perfect piece of chicken (I will be tackling beef shortly...). Luis loves chicken, and recently, while on Pinterest, I found a website that had 50 recipes for chicken breasts. It was there that I found this incredible recipe, that has now made its way into my dinner staples. I wanted to share it with you, because everything about it is a good idea! Crusty breadcrumbs, savory, melted Parmesan cheese, tender chicken: get ready for your new favorite chicken meal!


Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4 inch thickness


Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp pepper

Parmesan Crumb Topping
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoons garlic salt,
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
2 tablespoons melted butter

Ranch spread
Ranch dressing


Directions:
Combine ingredients for marinade and pour over completely defrosted chicken.  Let marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight.  Pour the marinade into skillet and cook chicken about 15 minutes, until chicken is done.


While the chicken is cooking, prepare parmesan crumb topping. Mix all the ingredients together, making sure that the crumbs are evenly covered with butter and moist. Set aside.


Position rack in center of oven. Preheat broiler.

Place each piece of chicken on a baking sheet. Squeeze enough ranch dressing to  lightly cover the top of the chicken. Spoon enough crumb topping to cover the entire chicken breast. Repeat for each piece.

Place chicken in the broiler for about a minute. Depending on the size and heat levels of your oven, make sure you watch it carefully. Using a broiler means that the heat is concentrated at the top of the oven at a very high heat (usually 550 degrees). It will burn quickly if gone unwatched. Leave it in long enough for the cheese to melt and for the crumbs to turn light brown and crispy.


Serve immediately :)

I served my chicken with honey roasted red potatoes and grilled mixed vegetables. It was a perfect mixture, and my hubby has already asked me to make it again. We both loved it!

I also made the chicken dinner for my parents earlier this week. Here's my dad, proudly displaying my handiwork. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog