Monday, July 9, 2012

Meandering Mondays: Around Here

Happy Monday everyone! I'm glad to jump back into the swing of things this week. I had the weekend off (I typically work all weekend) and it was great to be able to relax and get some things done that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Plus, it's always a good thing when I can spend more time with my hubby! So I cooked, cleaned, read, watched some great films, and visited family. Now it's time for my Monday blog post.


On my reading pile: Still reading Pride and Prejudice and other biographical works on Jane Austen. Got my new issue of RedBook magazine a few days ago, so I will also be reading that.

On my tv: Watched Henry IV this weekend! It aired on BBC and it won't air in the U.S. until 2013, but I was able to find it on a website... It was so good; Tom Hiddleston as Prince Hal (future Henry V)?? I cannot tell you how much I love this man's acting. Looking forward to part 2 this Saturday. Also watching Return to Cranford.

On the menu this week:
Monday: Tonight I am making Garlic Parmesan crusted chicken for my parents!
Tuesday: Lasagna with sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and onions.
Wednesday: Lasagna leftovers
Thursday: Pasta alla Tomato Cream sauce with spring mix salad (and fresh banana peppers from my parent's massive garden... so jealous!)
Friday: I work into the evening so we'll probably just have pizza.

Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken that I made a few days ago.

On my to-do list: Get some more thesis reading done. Cleaned my apartment this morning; bleaching/disinfecting the sink, donating unwanted clothing, putting away laundry...At some point I hope to be able to spend some time with my two best friends.

What I am creating: I don't have a specific project planned this week, but I do have to re-pot my hypoestes plant.

Tips and Tricks: We all know how hot it has been outside recently, so I have a few tips on how to take frizzy hairs and flyaways. Always carry a lotion bottle with you, put a tiny bit into your palm, rub the lotion over your hands (like you normally would), and simply run your hands through your hair. It coats your hair and keeps all those little pieces in place. Plus, it reduces static in the winter.

Looking around my house: I have a basket of towels that need folding... But Kiki's sleeping in it so maybe I'll just wait until she's done... *wink wink*

From the camera:  This is by far my favorite summer nail color. It's chic, it's fun and bright. You can't go wrong with a pretty peach! It's Tart Deco by Essie

4 comments:

  1. I love that nail color! It's so cute and exactly what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo i never heard of that lotion trick but i will have to try! yes the nail color is light and perfect for summer! and all the food you are making sounds so incredible!!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when we were kids when we found out that lotion trick. Seriously felt like geniuses. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney!!! You should start a blog! And we can be blog pals! :D

      Delete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog