Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 4

I have been seriously M.I.A in the world of blogland lately. I cannot attempt to tell you how busy life has been. Silly me, I was under the assumption that life would slow down once my semester ended. I was so naive then...

This post will be showcasing my life last week (5/20- 5/26) in all of its glory. I'm glad to be back, to have a moment of rest in my busy schedule.


This week I started a DIY project wherein you create a cutout map of your favorite city, or maybe even your hometown. I chose to make a cutout of Zion, Illinois, because that is where my husband and I met and where we currently live. (We live where the bright red star is located). 





Last week I made some AMAZING Barbeque chicken sandwiches which have quietly made their way into my regimen of dishes to make regularly. These were so delicious and tangy, I recommend checking out my recipe in the link above. 


My beautiful best friend Kelsey is getting married very very soon! So most of my time last week was spent planning to host her Bachelorette party. It was a good time! We stayed in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, one of the most beautiful places around us, and ate dinner at Sprecher's, followed by an evening of dancing! 


Last week I acquired a set of vintage tea cups and saucers. I've been on the lookout for pretty things to use as props in my food photography. These would be perfect for showcasing macarons, cookies, or other small tidbits. Plus, they're just plain cute and I look forward to using them. 


 While I was at my aunt's house getting my bridesmaid dress hemmed, finding cute cups and saucers, I also came across scalloped pie tins that were my great-grandma's. I was so excited to be able to take them, first because I don't have pie tins, and also because they belonged to my great-grandma. They will be holding pies very, very soon. 


I made a discovery this week. Well, I didn't, per se, but I discovered it in my fridge... Luis came home from the grocery store with this jar of goodness, also known as almond butter. It's like peanut butter, but healthier and more creamy. I've been putting it on everything... Toast, veggies, and I may have eaten some out of the jar...


Also on my agenda this week was to plan a bridal shower for Kelsey with my best friend Alyssa. We divided the baking and decided who was going to make what. I decided to make a few batches of Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies.


This is what they look like when I mix the peanut butter with a butter knife. 

Finally, I placed pretzels on the batter and baked them. They tasted so good; a perfect mix of salty and sweet! A few guests asked for the recipe, which I gladly passed along. 


This week is almost over, so I will try my hardest to post more weekly blogs. I'm the Matron of Honor in my best friend, Kelsey's wedding this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to! Have a great rest of the week, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog