Monday, April 1, 2013

DIY: Rose Petal Bath Salts


If you'll allow me to gush for just a moment, I'm so incredibly thankful that my apartment has a bathtub! For as long as I can remember, taking the time to soak in a hot bath has been one of my favorite ways to unwind.


As an obvious result, I go crazy for bath-related beauty products: scrubs, bubble bath, and bath salts, especially if they are of the DIY nature. Recently, I've become inspired by healthy living choices. I have never been someone who really paid a large amount of attention to my diet or to the products and substances I was putting on my body. But lately I've been finding prevalent evidence that has persuaded me to give things a closer look, so I have found myself gravitating towards clean living and beauty products that are low in toxins and chemicals. These DIY bath salts are a great place to start.


Rose Petal Bath Salts
1 cup Epsom salt
1/2 cups sea salt
1/3 cup of baking soda
1 tablespoon of rose essential oil (or rose water)
Handful of crushed rose petals

Mix Epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda in a jar; you can just seal the lid and shake to combine. Reopen and add the essential oil and petals; shake to combine. Store in a dry place.

Super easy and chemical free!



4 comments:

  1. Does that smell as lovely as it looks?! I've never done bath salts, but this makes me want to give it a try! :)

    EverydayEphee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than soaking in a tub!
    These salts look amazing. How did they work?


    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. They work wonderfully! I put a small spoonful in a bath and let them dissolve before I stepped in, which was about 5 minutes. It added a wonderful scent to the bath and left me feeling relaxed as the salt acts as a muscle relaxer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They definitely smell lovely! The rose oil gives your bath a nice, subtle scent :)

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog