Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 11

Here's what my past week looked like!


Things started out on a high note this week. I went thifting and planted some new herbs with my mother-in-law, Elsie.


We planted Marjoram, Lavender, Rosemary, Mint, Chives, and other plants. I loved getting my hands dirty! 


We also found some amazing stuff at a vintage shop down the street from where we live.  I bought two crates, originally listed as $8 each, but since I got two, she gave them to me at $5 each. Elsie helped me get the dust and random crud off of them. 


I ended up during them into shoe racks. I hated that I just had all these random shoes in our tiny hallway. I added a basket for keys, lip balm, and anything else I just wanna throw in there. I also have a jar for loose change and a plant. Gotta have some greenery! 


After our hard work prodding and planting outside, Elsie made us some seasoned steak and vegetables. It was amazing. 


This is how our grass looks right now... It's brown and crackly... The lack of rain has made everything so dry. 


Luis received a phone call from one of his best friends who got engaged this past week! We're both really excited for Nick and his fiancee!


Behold, a random view of our apartment and the Cancer Treatment Centers of America that we live across the street from. Oddly enough, I like living close to this hospital. It's always busy and there are always people relaxing on the sidewalks and such. It's a like little community that hangs around...


Classic blogger reflection photo! Also spotted, looming storm clouds.


Look at that gorgeous tomato. That red is a perfect pigmented color! I love it. That basil's lookin' pretty good too. 


I used both to make a Caprese panini! It was summer perfection.


I seriously cannot understand why my cat INSISTS on drinking water from the toilet when I pour her a FRESH bowl of FILTERED water EVERY morning... 


It finally stormed and gave us some rain that we desperately needed! The thunder and lightening were so consistent that I barely slept that night. 


My hubby made me breakfast this morning... He's precious and I love him. 

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I need some plants in my home, but I will have to wait until this hot simmer is over, or they will die.

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog