Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Week in My Life: Week 15

Here's what the past week looked like:


I love this sign near where we live; it's a wonderful reminder. 


 I've been propagating basil for a few weeks and the roots are finally at a length where they can be planted. It makes my kitchen smell wonderful!


I made black bean burgers with Sriracha mayo sauce. It was my first time having a meatless burger and I have to say, it was pretty good.


 My in-laws recently returned from Puerto Rico and they brought back some coconut candy! I am a huge coconut fanatic and these were eaten up within the next day...


Desperately waiting for leaves to start budding on the trees. 


I made gluten-free chicken marsala this week. The only thing different is that I used a gluten free flour. It was amazing. I added a side of sauteed zucchini with dill. 


Reading a magazine on some down time. In other news, I'm obsessed with Larabars


We may not have buds on the trees yet, but the moss has certainly taken over. 


 Luis and I live near the Chicago branch of the Cancer Treatment Centers of America and they've been really expanding. They're adding a new wing so it's been quite noisy in the mornings lately.


 Potting my basil cuttings.


This was the first thing I ate this morning. Is that bad? I made more Sriracha mayo sauce to go with it. 


Nice... 

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've had sushi for breakfast too haha. Great photos. At least the snow is gone.
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from another Chicago-area blogger. I love your posts, and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog