Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Week in My life: Week 14

Hello ladies (and possibly, gents). Here I am again, bringing you a peek into my life from the comfort of my couch. Let's do it.


 It's no secret that I love to cook and experiment with food. I have a really particular taste in what I like food-wise, so I get really excited when I can recreate a good recipe or meal. Above is roasted tomatoes, asparagus, and bubbling mozzarella. It was fantastic.


Roasting tomatoes is super easy and super tasty. Just drizzle with salt and olive oil. 


Lots o' grocery shopping this week...


This week my blog got SO much traffic from Yahoo! search results for pasta recipes. It's really exciting!


We made rice crispy treats, so naturally, Luis had to sample a few from the bag. 


Mailing packages. 


A glimpse into (one) of my reading piles. Yes. There are two copies of Pride and Prejudice there.


The lighting in the kitchen of my apartment is horrible. As a result, I set up a mini make-shift photo studio to take my food photos in so that I can deflect some more natural looking light into my photos.  The photo below is an example of the new kind of light I'm able to get. Not quite there, but it's better than the way-to-yellow overhead lighting from before. 


Pasta puttanesca. I will post a recipe with photos later this week. 


I'm going through all of the photos that I took during the week leading up to my wedding and I found this really sweet photo of my cousin Cydnie. Look at that sweet face. 


On that same note, our one year wedding anniversary is coming up! We'll be married for one year on Tuesday (August 14th). I took this picture of our last name on the way home from our honeymoon. I'll be posting more on that later next week :) 

Wishing you all a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog