Monday, June 18, 2012

Lemon Garlic Marinated Chicken on Wilted Spinach


Chicken and I don't always get along. I'm incredibly finicky about eating meat; I guess I just expect them to be perfect cuts of meat. If there's any fat, grissle, or weirdness, I lose my appetite.
But then I married someone who ALWAYS prefers to have meat for dinner and had to start whipping up meat recipes. 
Since then, I've mastered the art of cooking a moist, flavorful piece of chicken breast and have now garnered the ability to improvise sans recipes. 


I learned (by experimentation) that adding salt and pepper to the defrosted chicken breasts seals in moisture while the chicken cooks. No matter what recipe I'm making, I always always start with this first step. 


Pouring olive oil over the pieces also increases moisture threshold. Also, when it's mixed in with the lemon juice, it formed a sort of glaze that you can use to cook the chicken.


I opened up my fridge and found an overabundance of garlic and lemon juice. I incorporated plenty of both!


Lemon Garlic Marinated Chicken on Wilted Spinach recipe
Serves 2

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, defrosted
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
A spoonful of minced garlic
1/3 cup of lemon juice

Rub defrosted chicken with salt and pepper and place in dish. Pour the olive oil over the chicken. Add the spoonful of garlic; make sure that some garlic sits on each piece. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken. Place lid on dish, or cover, and let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours. 

Once marinated, place chicken in saute pan, pour remaining liquid in pan, and cook for about 10-15 minutes. 

Serve on a bed of spinach that has been dipped in olive oil. (It softens the spinach). 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog