Monday, March 19, 2012

Prepare to Have Your Tastebuds Electrified! Introducing the KAE sub sandwich

Last summer, I was fortunate enough to be able to marry the love of my life and best friend, Luis! In the months leading up to my wedding, my two best friends, Kelsey and Alyssa, threw an amazing bridal shower for me with my closest friends. They did a fantastic job decorating, hosting, and even providing the food!! Well, they served a sub sandwich and I have never been able to forget its taste; I decided to recreate that sandwich from what I could remember. Having figured it out, I decided to name the sandwich after the three of us, hence the KAE (Kelsey, Alyssa, Elise) sandwich. Read on for the recipe!



Step One: Featured above are all of the ingredients! Oscar Meyer Honey Smoked turkey, Apricot spread, a red onion (sliced), spinach leaves, and Gorgonzola cheese crumbles. (Not featured, the sub sandwich bread. You can also use ciabatta bread!) All of these ingredients you can find in a basic supermarket. 

Step Two: This is pretty self explanatory- spread the preserves over both sides of the bread. 

Step Three: Add as much cheese crumbles as your heart desires. I put a lot because a) I love cheese, and b) because it's what provides the sandwich with its tangy flavor. 

Step Four: Add sliced grape tomatoes and red onions to both sides of the sandwich. 

Step Five: Finish the sandwich by piling on the spinach leaves and turkey slices. Fold it over, cut it in half (if you want) and serve! Prepare to be amazed!

This was my final product: not the most photogenic presentation, but the taste more than makes up for it. My husband was obsessed and has been bringing nothing but this sandwich to work since... It's amusing. Good luck and have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog