Sunday, December 1, 2013

December: A Photo a Day Challenge

Happy first day of December! I am officially ready to revel and participate in all of the holiday excitement and craziness! I saw that a fellow blogger, Emily, was joining in this photo challenge, and I decided to do it too. I've never done one before and I figured that December would be the perfect time to start. Everything about this time of year is so incredibly photogenic!

Today's photo is of something you're reading:

This is only a small portion of what I'm currently reading. Not only do I work at two libraries, but there's something about December that makes you want to be in a constant state of reading with a hot cup of tea in bed. Is that just me?

The Madman's Daughter is a pastiche based on H.G. Wells' Island of Dr. Moreau about a madman/scientist who "operates" on animals to make them more human. It's pretty good so far- cruel, grisly, and disturbing which is different. I like different!
The Returned is a crazy story about people who are dead suddenly returning to life (but in a very non-zombie way). Imagine if every single dead person reappeared and began living again? Talk about unsustainable.
And finally, I'm reading Questlove's autobiography, Mo' Meta Blues. I don't know much about him, but I love him on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, aaand the cover looked pretty awesome.

What are you reading these days? Happy December!!

2 comments:

  1. Emilyraphael@gmail.comDecember 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM

    Awesome! I'm glad you are doing the challenge. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always want to join challenges like these, they seem like so much fun! but i never seem to be able to keep up and i last maybe 3 days :p

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog