What I'm trying to say in a really roundabout way, is that the challenge made me want to focus on injecting more of myself into my blog posts than I have in the past. Before I started the May challenge, I was beginning loosing any enjoyment in blogging that I had. It was making me stressed out! It's so easy to get lost in the spiral of comparison with other bloggers that you become nothing more than a blog-hop, giveaway, link-up machine; any real sense of you has gotten lost in the desire to expand your readership. So I've given up, so to speak; I'm done trying to force this thing to be something that it's not. I'm going back to the reason that I started in the first place: me.
|Do you love this really old picture of me? And no...that's not our car.|
1. I've never been one of those people who knew what they wanted to be "when they grew up." I'm very aware of my interests and strengths and tend to follow them where they take me.
2. I have a deathly fear of elevators. Yes, you read that right. Elevators- those things that are supposed to make going up multiple stories more easy. I won't get in them. Remember that movie "Devil" that came out a couple years ago about 5 people who get stuck in an elevator and subsequently killed off by Satan? I went and saw it in an attempt to break my irrational fear... it didn't work. I don't think I slept for weeks.
3. Two features I dislike most about myself: my nose and my feet. Both are too big.
4. I'm obsessed with cheese (see really old picture below). See that expression? That pretty much sums it up.
5. I never believed in Santa Claus. *gasp!*
6. I am mildly obsessed with Kate Middleton and Jennifer Lawrence.
7. I am not-so-mildly (aka completely) obsessed with Doctor Who.
8. The "hugging" scene at the end of every single Saturday Night Live episode makes me very uncomfortable. I mean, come on, really?? I like to single out one cast member and watch as they scramble to find someone to hug so that they don't look like the lonely kid no one wants to play with at recess. It's just weird.
9. Brussel sprouts are the most disgusting vegetable on the planet.
10. "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail" is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Hands down!
I'd love it if you'd leave one random fact about yourself in the comments below!