Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Week in My Life: Week 9


It seems as though it's been snowing non-stop this week. It's been quite beautiful, but I'm ready for spring. 


This is the week I became obsessed with sushi. 


Mixing my own spices. I like how the sweet potatoes are the same shade as our counter top. 


 Working on a DIY project that I'll be sharing with you very soon.


I attended a book club this past week put on by our public library. While I wasn't incredibly thrilled about the book, it was interesting to hear the author speak of her experiences getting publishes. Author M. Molly Backes is in the brown sweater all the way to the left. 


Listening intently...


I made roasted veggie and black bean rice "bowls." This recipe was such a great find. 


I've always wanted to eat a blood orange. I finally did. 


Chopping veggies...


I found my cat digging in my pajama drawer... It was my fault for leaving it open. 


 I made kheer this week!


My kitchen gets really messy when I cook. 


 I have such a great husband.. shoveling my car out of the snow.


...and peeling my plantains. 


I ended the week with a wonderful tea service at Infinitea! It was perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun week! And I can't wait for the DIY project! <3

    xoxo, Kisty of The Style Mermaid
    http://kisty.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I love all the food pictures lol

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog--you are so cute! looks like a wonderful and fun week :) what a sweet hubby you have, too!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog