Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 20

I can't believe it's been 20 weeks since I started this post series! I'm sorry that I have been m.i.a. in the blog world. My hubby and I went on vacation this past weekend for some much needed R&R. This is my attempt to catch up! Here's what this past week looked like:



I got my September Birchbox this week! I labeled everything I got and I'm pretty sure this is one of my favorite boxes. I LOVED the facial brightener that I received and the Mighty Leaf tea tastes amazing. In addition to all of that, they included a 25% coupon to Madewell!!


Speaking of Mighty Leaf tea, here is a better view of the tea bags. You can sign up for their newsletter here and get 15% off your purchase. 


One of my favorite aspects of Fall are the incredible smells that we associate with the season; cinnamon, clove, oranges, pumpkin, and so much more. We busted out some Fall-scented candles this week. 


I started some Fall apartment decorating this past week. I saw this on Pinterest and ran with it. So easy and quite inexpensive. 


I love getting letters from friends! 


The obligatory Kitty-doing-something-cute picture. 


My mother-in-law gave me an antique book on gastronomy and all things food. I was thrilled to see an entire chapter on cheeses... She knows me very well. 


I made curried chicken with coconut rice. Luis and I loved it so much that I'm making it again this week. If you're interested, you can find the recipe here.


It's officially Fall and October is here! Look at those colors!


After a full day of traveling, Luis was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as we arrived. 


I also attended a webinar hosted by Britt Castro of Financially Wise Women. Her goal is to empower and educate women on being financially savvy. She discusses the basics like budgeting and saving, and touches on other topics like investing, retirement accounts, and debt management. 


Candy sticks from Cracker Barrell! Love these...

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your birchbox... I wanted the tea... =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go buy some and get a discount! :D It was incredible tea.

      Delete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog