Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 5

Hello all, let's just jump right into what my life looked like this past week. Shall we?

It was a photo-tastic week, I must say. Yet another wedding to go to, food to be eaten, and a major sickness to get over (which I think I finally have). Also, I must preface: I discovered Totally Rad Photoshop Actions! this week so I'm sorry if my editing is all over the place... I'm in experimental mode.

Luis and I ordered Chinese food from my favorite Chinese place this week. This is amazing because Luis isn't a huge fan of Chinese food. I tried to make him eat it once and... it was a bad time. So you can imagine my surprise when he told me he didn't want Jimmy Johns, and instead felt like doing Chinese! I recorded a photo to always remember that one time that he wanted Chinese food....




I finally finished editing and compiling all of the photos I snapped at my best friend's wedding last week. Ok, I know that the wedding happened last week, but I did a lot of editing this week so I want to include them in this post, ok?? 

Luis and I usually have our evenings together since my work schedule has consisted of morning shifts (thank God). We've been doing a lot of reading and relaxing. 


But then my cat feels neglected and has to get her paws into everything...


(Also, that black thing is not a vignette-edit gone wrong, my camera strap fell in front of my lens...)

My increasingly frustrating neighbor continues to leave her laundry in the washer and/or dryer for more than a few days. She just leaves it there... So I've had to pull her laundry and lay it out so that I can do my wash. Rude. And awkward. Don't put someone in that position. It's not ok...


This is my new, go-to, favorite salad. I got really sick so I've been trying to fill my body with good things to speed up the healing process so, needless to say, I've been eating a ton of salad. I call this the simple Kumato Spinach salad. Have you heard of Kumatos?? They are brown tomatoes and taste AMAZING. I threw those over spinach and gorgonzola cheese. I recommend a light dressing like balsamic vinaigrette or Italian. 


I had yet another wedding this week. My work friend, Stephanie, finally married her man Chris! They've been engaged for so long, so I was so thrilled to be able to join them and celebrate. Plus, their wedding was amazing! 

Do you see that dessert plate up there? Amazing. Chocolate covered strawberries, raspberry creme with dark chocolate, mini cheesecakes topped with fruit, truffles of every kind. I was in heaven. Also, that vanilla ice cream was served with the sugar cube on fire! It tasted so good. They also served filet mignon for dinner. I forgot to take a picture of it in my state of culinary bliss. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog