Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Green(er) beauty products. Anyone who knows me knows that I love scoping out different body care and beauty products to try.

My latest picks are shown in the photo above:
Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner- Since my skin tends to deviate between oily and try, I really need to use a toner. This stuff smells like a fresh salad! It's got tomato, cucumber, parsley, and green tea extracts in it. I've been using this about a week and a half and I've noticed some of my scars and dark spots fading.
Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo- So, I totally tried to jump on the I'm-only-going-to-wash-my-hair-with-baking-soda-and-vinegar bandwagon, and I'm calling b.s. on that one. (I smelled vinegar in my hair for days afterwards.) That's why I'm so thrilled about this shampoo from Kiss My Face. It has no parabens, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no phthalates. In other words, it has no harsh chemicals. Plus, this stuff makes my hair SO much less oily and smells amazing. However, since it's largely free of chemicals, it doesn't lather the way that you're used to. But, that doesn't indicate that it's not working properly- it's just different.
Dr. Bronner's All-One Hemp Pure-Castille Soap- I am rolling my eyes at myself right now because of how excited I am about this soap. I've had skin problems for years and, thus, am always looking for the "magic bullet" of cleansers. I've come to realize that your skin is largely a manifestation of what's going on inside (at least that's what happens with me...) but I still need to make sure my skin is take care of, topically speaking. This soap is also chemical free, and is instead full of enriching oils. I've noticed the oil on my face evening out (i.e. not becoming crazy oily and then super dry) and instead of feeling thin, my skin feels soft and smooth. All in all, I'm pretty excited about this stuff.

Ginger Snaps. It's becoming easier and easier to be gluten-free.


Snowy Sunday mornings. We're definitely having a white Christmas this year! 

Awkward Christmas photos. It seems like every year, a certain someone (ahem, my dad) makes it their goal to capture the most awkward facial expressions from our family. I mean look at that body language. Definition of awkward...

What are you loving these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog