Friday, November 1, 2013

The First of November

It's been so long since I posted anything here. Simply speaking, I needed a break. I was starting to take blogging way too seriously, and it was beginning to mess with my head. In addition, my life picked up quite a bit and I found it pretty much impossible to keep up with the blogging world.



So now, the second time around, I'm going to truly do this for me. Not try to make it into a business, or go crazy with SEO and page views, and all the convoluted goals that come with trying to keep up with the Joneses (and there are a lot of them out there). I originally started this as a creative outlet during a stressful time in life. Today, my life is so vastly different from what it was then. Without getting too personal, my life has gone through many battles in the past year; some things my family and friends aren't even aware of. This past summer was a particularly difficult time for Luis and I, and I am more than happy to say that the storm has past. For the first time in several years, I feel truly at peace and extremely thankful and blessed. For whatever reason, things seem to be falling perfectly into place in both my life and my husband's life (and subsequently, our lives together) and it has been amazing to see. Anyway, now I feel like I am in a place where I want to blog again. I had lost my joy in it and, well, I do believe it's back.

Here are a few snapshots of my life lately:





Having tea with some of my co-workers! 
 
Only my best friend, Kelsey, knows how much I love the "Amelia's Notebook" children's book series. 

I made some Thai-inspired lettuce wraps with almond sauce today. Uh, I WILL be sharing the recipe. They were incredible and perfect for days when you don't feel like cooking but want something nutritious. 

Happy first day of November!

2 comments:

  1. Emilyraphael@gmail.comNovember 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

    Welcome back! Your blogger voice (and beautiful photos) were definitely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, apparently Disqus never posted my comment! Thank you, it's good to be back- I hope the moving is going smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog