Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who Asked You Anyway?

Blogtember Day 3: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.


I've been given some pretty crazy advice. Don't sleep with two pillows, it will give you a double chin. If you do more pushups, you boobs will get bigger. Don't stick your arm out the car window, you could lose it. Put toothpaste on a zit and it will shrink it.

Taking advice requires some humbling. By that, I mean that in order to really receive advice, you have to be willing to admit that you need it, especially if you asked for it. I must also admit that I am preaching to the choir here... I'm someone who loves to give unsolicited advice. If you tell me you're tired, I have the solution. Does your stomach hurt? I can fix that! But I realize that when someone tries that on me, I'm less eager to accept it.

So that's my small dose of advice. Be free to ask for it. Be free to accept it and run with it! But really... don't put toothpaste on a zit. Take it from me... I've tried. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog