Monday, July 8, 2013

A Week in My Life: Week 27

Here's what the past week looked like:

I always marvel at the beauty of a summer sunset.

We spent our Fourth of July around town, grilling out, listening to concerts, and watching fireworks.

I love how the sunlight shines through the leaves.

Summer is finally acting like summer these days. We've been intentional about spending time outside when it does! I feel very lucky to live next to a large body of water.


Can you tell that my cat really doesn't like to be touched?

Today I cut some fresh roses from the bush in our yard. Within five minutes our apartment was filled with the smell of roses. And not the heady-grandma rose smell. It was soft and sweet.

My in-laws and I went on a little day trip to Lake Geneva this weekend. I love visiting this city. It's set on a lake and has tons of amazing shops and beautiful buildings.

This photo doesn't do it justice, but there were SO many people at the beach on Saturday! They had the right idea... It was crazy hot.

Geometric shapes on their library's door.


I love this photo- The buildings in Lake Geneva are classic! There are those moments when you just decide to shoot a picture and it ends up coming out perfectly.

"Olympian breakfast: the way to start your day." I love old signs.

How was your weekend? I'd love to hear all about it!

7 comments:

  1. I love summer , everything about it . This roses shot is more than awesome.
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and I LOVE your red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful!

    I just stopped by to let you know I nominited your blog for the Liebster Award, check it out on my blog: http://www.theeternityjournal.com/2013/07/my-fourth-liebster-award-nomination.html


    -Zobia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I know, summer is so refreshing and beautiful. The best time of the year! (Other than Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! :D Target has some pretty amazing shoes sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I was nominated for this award a while ago, but I've gotten a few nominations since then, so I think I'll do it again. Be on the lookout :D Thanks again Zobia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend - and I am in LOVE with those red sandals - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog