Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Mom...

Today's challenge is to issue a public apology! Here goes...


Dear Mom, 

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I was so happy to be able to spend the day with you, making you feel like the amazing woman that you are. I know, growing up, that you and I had a few rough patches (or years) where we both realized that we are two very different people. I love that about us. Your strengths are my weaknesses and your wisdom is always needed in my life.

I'm sorry that I yelled at you that one day about how the way you folded my laundry bothered me... What I failed to realize was that I was a (stupid, selfish) seventeen year-old who was lucky to have someone willing to do that for her. I don't know why I remember that particular moment... Perhaps because I'm embarrassed by how petty and silly I can be. There are so many little things (and big things!) you did for me that I am so thankful for. You were always there for me and I know that everything you do was with my brother and I in mind. I hope you know that I love you so much! 

Love, 
Elise

1 comment:

  1. i guess it's only normal to fight with your mother over small things when you're a teenager. nonetheless i think we should all write our mothers an apology letter like this, so they know that it was worth the effort ^^
    beautiful photo btw!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog