Thursday, April 25, 2013

What's on My Bookshelf?


I'm taking a moment out of my ultra-crazy week to share what I'm currently reading! I've had four interviews in the past three days (and I'm currently waiting on a phone interview as I write this) and I'm graduating college in less than a month so... life is a little busy. But I'd be lying if I say I didn't prefer it that way. 


So. What am I reading? Starting from the bottom is the new issue of bon appetit magazine. This month is especially good because it focuses on "traveling America" and experiencing new and exciting food trends and restaurants across the U.S.A. 

Next up is a cook book I received for my birthday in March, Gluten-Free Cooking from Betty Crocker. I am liking this particular cookbook a lot because they tackle difficult (yet everyday) meals that you sometimes have to leave behind because of your gluten intolerance; things like chicken fingers and pot pie. They really make it easy for you to embrace your old comfort foods. I recommend this as a staple to anyone considering going gluten-free. 

While I still haven't finished this book, Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn, is amazing. That's all there is to say about it. 

Murder Below Montparnasse is a book we're doing for a book club at my local library. I'm actually really enjoying it. The author, Cara Black, writes mysteries that take place in the different neighborhoods and streets of Paris. Plus, the protagonist is kick-ass. 

The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde, is one of those classic novels whose story I'm intimately familiar with, yet I've never actually sat down to read it. I'm glad that a literary book club I've joined is prompting me to do so; Wilde is a brilliant, beautiful, masterful writer. Seriously, the man could weave words.

You can always follow along with what I'm reading by checking out my Goodreads profile. Warning, this website can become addictive... I'd love to hear what you may be reading! I'm always in the middle of five books or more. Feel free to send recommendations my way. 

*I'm in no way affiliated with any of these authors or books. I have not been asked to review the aforementioned books. This post is based entirely on my opinion and preference.

3 comments:

  1. aller-dings.blogspot.comApril 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

    the best book i read last year was My Michael by Amos Oz, i would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I checked out the plot synopsis and it looks like a great read! I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Dorian gray! It's my favorite novel and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog