Happy beginning of a new week! We're already two weeks into the new year. Seriously, where does time fly off to so quickly??
Yesterday I was nominated by fellow blogger Emily Raphael of Eleven Shakes of a Persimmon Tree for a Liebster Award! This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. "Liebster" is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I'd like to thank Emily for the nomination!
The rules for receiving this award
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose people and link them in your post.
4. Go tell them!
5. No tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. There's nothing I love more than a plate of good food.
2. I hate it when people I don't know ask me if my hair is real. What kind of question is that?
3. I want to be self-employed.
4. I'm deathly afraid of elevators. If I have no choice but to get in them, I have to talk to myself like a crazy-person to calm myself down.
5. I have a crazy-goofy laugh!
6. I get really excited learning about new cultures, places on earth, and new languages.
7. I'm a bit too obsessed with cheese.
8. If I see a candle, I have to stop and smell it.
9. I would love it if I had smaller feet.
10. I love to travel but afraid to fly.
11. My favorite movie is Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice.
Questions from Emily:
1. Pick a travel destination based on food alone. Where is it and what would you eat?
Ahh, I love this question. I would go to France. I would eat macarons, cheese, great wine, steak frites, steak tartare, endives au gratin, and whatever else I could get my hands on!
2. Which career would you choose if money was no object?
I would probably create an online magazine. It would be a lifestyle magazine, featuring fashion, food, current events, health/beauty, etc. I would really enjoy that!
3. How do you best express your creativity?
Right now, through blogging. Creating a blog really helped (and forced) me to become more creative and discover some talents that had been dormant.
4. Why did you start blogging?
Partly because I felt that I had a voice to contribute to the blogging world, and because I wanted to start seeing the beauty in my everyday life and share it with others. Now it's grown into something I didn't expect! I love it.
5. Do you have a goal or resolution for 2013?
I have a few: I'd like to become proficient in HTML and learn the basics of graphic design. I might take some classes in the Fall. I have smaller goals too like read five classic novels, etc.
6. Who is your weird celebrity crush?
Definitely Tom Hiddleston.
7. Do you accept leggings as pants? Why or why not?
This is difficult. Yes and no. There are unfortunately some body types that just shouldn't wear leggings as pants, and there are some who can get away with it. I don't wear them as pants unless I have a dress or long sweater/shirt over them. But that's my personal preference.
8. What is the most important lesson you have learned in life, so far?
I've learned pretty important lessons about compassion and love from my parents, but I also struggle with procrastination and time management. I find that whenever I ignore the little inkling I have that says "do this now," I really regret it later. I'm getting better at it, but it takes time.
9. When do you feel the most like your true self?
When I'm with my husband, Luis. Or when I'm in IKEA...... hehe.
10. What makes you smile?
My husband, family, my friends, when it snows, warm breeze in the Spring.
11. How do you make time for yourself?
I distance myself from my phone or laptop and go read with a cup of tea. Sometimes there's a bath involved. But I find it helps me center and de-stress!
My Nominees are:
Kelsey, Jordyn, and Clara of P.S. Heart
Gillian Ladley of The Glad Blog
Danielle of Yelle Events
Noor of Noor AlQahtani
My questions for them to answer:
1. Are you named after anyone?
2. If you were another person, would you be friends with yourself? Why or why not?
3. Name one thing you worry about running out of.
4. What are some of your favorite sayings?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What is your favorite food or type of food?
7. Describe one of your most memorable life experiences.
8. What's the best thing anyone has ever said to you?
9. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?
10. Describe one of your life goals.
11. When do you feel your happiest?