Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Week in My Life: Week 12

Here's a peak into my past week:


My family came into town from Colorado. It was nice to have them here. It's been a pretty traumatic summer for Colorado dwellers... We had them over for cookouts, movies, and catching up.



My uncle and cousin then decided to race each other in my parent's yard. It was pretty funny!


My hubby and his family are from Puerto Rico, so I'm constantly being introduced to new flavors and tastes (I love it). Above is a perfect example. Luis had me try Malta Goya, which is essentially a non-carbonated soda-ish drink. It was pretty tasty!


Had coffee with my best friend, Kelsey. I got my usual: vanilla latte (also accompanied by my red C.O. Bigelow lip balm). We talked food, politics, and how to get free stuff online. Hehe.

Photo Credit: George Street Photo and Video
Speaking of Kelsey, she got some of her wedding photos back, and I had to share this one... On the left with the fake 'stache is my hubby, my dad in the middle, and our best friend Alyssa's husband. I love everything about this.


This is the only time of the year when you can buy tomatoes at a grocery store and have them look that red and ripe.


So I took advantage and made some amazing spaghetti!


I'm pretty excited about the root growth that I've managed to cultivate from a basil cutting I took from Kelsey's plant. I thought it would take much longer than it did! I just cut a piece and stuck it in water. The roots are now longer, so I planted it this week. 


Sometimes, you just need extra help when you're cooking. I enlisted Luis to mash the potatoes for the twice baked potato casserole I made.


Homemade bacon bits... Yummmm.


The finished casserole. I cannot tell you how good this was. 



We had some pretty crazy cloud action this week. It rained very little though... Hoping that changes soon. 

Hoping that your weeks were great! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog BlogCatalog